Nissan Altima has been around for two decades. In that amount of time, the Altima has gained a reputation for always revolutionizing the mid-size sedan segment.The multiple award winning sedan is about the shake up the market all over again. Making it's debut at the 2012 New York International Auto Show, the Altima showed off it's new innovative features and fresh, bold styling. You could see the nervousness in the competition.
The new Altima offers numerous attributes that will enhance the ownership experience and provide a real value including:
• Targeted best-in-segment 38 mpg highway fuel economy* (2.5-liter engine)
• Premium exterior styling with a powerful presence and improved aerodynamics
• Upscale interior rivaling premium luxury sedans, including NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats, an Advanced Drive-Assist™ Display and BOSE® Premium Audio System
• An outstanding balance of ride comfort, stability and fun-to-drive demeanor, including projected best-level acceleration
• Standard Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System and Streaming Audio via Bluetooth®
• NissanConnectSM and NissanConnectSM Navigation integrated smartphone connectivity suite with hands-free text message integration, Pandora® playback, real-time Google® POI search and more
• Next-generation Safety Shield Technologies, including Blind Spot Warning (BSW), Lane Departure Warning (LDW) and Moving Object Detection (MOD) systems
• Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) with Easy Fill Tire Alert
Let's talk about some of these great innovations that Nissan has come up with. The first thing everyone will want to know about is, the NASA-inspired "zero-gravity" seats.
With the intent of reducing the fatigue experienced during long commutes or extended road trips, (Which is a great thing for those of you who travel to and from Toronto and the GTA), Nissan looked to NASA for help. With seating and posture research from NASA, they found that the least fatiguing seats are those that come closest to a "neutral-posture" - a relaxed position the human body takes when experiencing a weightlessness environment. The seat's shape support the pelvis to the chest and reduce muscular and spinal loads as well as improving blood flow.
Two other new great features include the New NissanConnectSM and NissanConnectSM with Navigation. The 2013 Altima is the first Nissan vehicle to offer Nissan ConnectSM, which offers Bluetooth hands-free phone system and streaming audio via Bluetooth along with available integrated Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant. A really great feature that allows drivers to manage incoming text messages via voice control without taking their hands from the wheel or eyes off the road. Drivers are then alerted to an incoming text and, after initiating the system, can hear the text read out loud and respond via voice recognition, or via the steering wheel switches using pre-set answers such as "okay," "on my way," "driving, can't text," "running late," or a custom message. This is a great feature to have especially with Ontario's Driving and Texting laws now in effect.
If you would like to learn more about the 2013 Altima, or want to inquire about great leasing or financing rates on a 2012 Altima. Contact us here at Guelph Infiniti Nissan. We have a very knowledgeable staff that will answer all of your questions!!